The Queensland Rail Management Centre & Multi-Level Car Park is one of the most important assets for Queensland Rail.
- Sector Commercial Office & Accommodation
- Client Queensland Rail
- Location Brisbane QLD
- Value $24.76M
- Contract Design & Construct
The Rail Management Centre Project involved the design and construction of a new three-storey Rail Management Centre (RMC) and a two-storey car park on the site of the existing Queensland Rail Control Centre. The project involved the critical integration of works adjoining the existing facility and later commissioning whilst maintaining no loss of power or interruptions of service.
The RMC provides functions including:
- Control of all Queensland Rail’s passenger and freight movements in SEQ
- Planning and scheduling of all ‘business as usual’ rail operations and
- Incident management control.
Due to the complex design, interfaces with Project stakeholders and criticality of maintaining existing Control Centre operations, BADGE was commissioned by Queensland Rail under an Early Contractor Involvement (ECI), 2-stage Design & Construct contract. We are very proud of the fact that the Rail Management Centre was successfully completed significantly under budget and four months ahead of the contract completion date.
This project is the recipient of the following industry awards:
- Winner, 2016 AIB QLD Professional Excellence in Building Awards, Commercial Construction $10m-$50m
- High Commendation, 2016 AIB National Professional Excellence in Building Awards, Commercial Construction $10m-$50m