A joint project for St Vincent's Care Services and Stella Maris Church has provided a high quality and contemporary aged care facility on the Sunshine Coast.
- Sector Aged Care
- Client St Vincent Care Services, Stella Maris Church
- Location Maroochydore QLD
- Value $29M
- Contract Construct Only
This redevelopment project included the construction of a 5 storey 120-bed residential aged care facility and a new church and office for the Stella Maris Parish. The entire build was located within a Catholic community precinct which provides a wellness lifestyle to its community. The aged carer facility includes low care, high care and dementia wards, respite services and palliative care wards.
Landscaping and associated amenities to the aged care facility were also incorporated in the project scope which included courtyards, cafe with alfresco dining, a community lifestyle centre, beauty salon, library, business centre, theatre and bar.
This project has received multiple national and state industry awards:
- MBA National Excellence in Building and Construction Awards 2017, National Lifestyle Housing for Seniors Award (Aged Care Facilities)
- MBA Queensland Housing & Construction Awards 2017, Community Accommodation for Aged Care and Nursing Homes
- MBA Sunshine Coast Housing & Construction Awards, Community Accommodation for Aged Care and Nursing Homes
- AIB Queensland Professional Excellence in Building Awards, Commercial Construction $25 Million to $100 Million – High Commendation
View more here.